Why it is worth studying at the
Department of Geoinformation systems
· We prepare specialists who are at the crossroads of two very demanded directions - computer and cadastral!
· In all University only the Department of Geoinformation systems has three required computer classes.
· Our lectures are made according to the advanced knowledge and achievements of the modern world.
· The Department of Geoinformation systems is one of the most computerized in the Dnieper region. 90% of all practical classes are performed with use of the modern computer systems and technologies.
· About a half of our students find work in their specialty after their studies.
· We give a broad range of knowledge; therefore our graduates can work everywhere that has computers – from travel companies to building companies, from Pershotravensk and Pavlograd to Singapore and New York.
· Our department is a major supplier of personnel for land management organizations in Dnepropetrovsk - regional management of land resources, city and state municipal enterprise "Zemgrad", Land management of city council.
· Our graduates successfully work in world computer giants - Microsoft, Oracle, and Sun.
· Our graduates are hired by the largest banks – VTB, Privatbank, Sberbank of Russia – as heads of the computer departments.
· According to polls, 90% of our graduates are grateful to the Department of Geoinformation systems for the knowledge received, and 70% consider the years spent at the Department, the best in their life.