Research and Education Center of Geoinformation and Aerospace Technologies
Director of the REC:
Dr.Sci., Prof. Busygin Boris Sergeyevich
Title of the document on the Center establishment:
NMU Rector's Order ¹ 1463-ë from November 7, 2012
1. Research and Education Center of Geoinformation and Aerospace Technologies (hereinafter – REC) of State Higher Educational Institution "National Mining University" of the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sports of Ukraine (hereinafter – the University) was established to work together with the State Enterprise "Center of Ecological and Expert Analytics" (hereinafter – CEEA) of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine. REC is a structural subdivision of the University without legal entity status, acting on the basis of current legislation of Ukraine, the Charter of the University and this Regulations.
2. REC was created by the order of the Rector of University and order of the Director of CEEA in accordance with the law of Ukraine "On Higher Education".
3. The REC conducts scientific research and provides consulting services on geoinformation and aerospace technologies, geology, ecology, land resources, cartography and cadastre, waste management; provides retraining and professional development of specialists with higher education for the needs of research institutes, universities and enterprises.
Centre’s main tasks:- obtaining scientific and technological products in the form of new theoretical research results, technologies, inventions, utility models and samples, etc.;
- retraining personnel of higher qualification.
The principal lines of scientific and educational activities and development of the REC:
1. Retraining and professional development of specialists with higher education and scientific-pedagogical personnel of higher qualification with participation of scientists and leading specialists of the NAS of Ukraine, MES, Ministry of Ecology, engineering and technical personnel of industrial enterprises.
2. Organization, coordination and conducting joint research, assistance to implementation in production of scientific developments of University and Center of Ecological and Expert Analytics.
3. Development of targeted programs, justification the opportunities and priorities in the development of new technologies for complex studies of terrestrial objects, phenomena and processes.
4. Organization and coordination of international scientific and technological cooperation with universities, scientific and technological institutions in other countries on the main REC’s activities.
5. Preparing and conducting of joint scientific symposiums, conferences and seminars.
6. Information support of scientific and educational activities of the University, scientific and technological achievements of the Center of Ecological and Expert Analytics.
7. Cooperation with industrial organizations, enterprises, research institutions and other enterprises and organizations of various ownership forms, including foreign ones, to perform the REC’s tasks.
8. Implementation of the concept of scientific and educational activities and REC development is accomplished by implementing the relevant concepts of the University and CEEA:
- ensuring budgetary, economic and commercial effect by integrating resources, plans and economic instruments of scientific and industrial research and University’s scientific sectors;
- providing scientific internship in the University’s departments and CEEA laboratories, sharing high-tech scientific equipment.